Church on the Rock is a non-denominational Spirit-Led Christian Church. Our beliefs are firmly rooted in the Bible, fully embracing the contemporary ministry of the Holy Spirit and all His Gifts. We accept, as part of God's universal family, all Christians-regardless of denomination-who embrace the Apostle's Creed, have confessed personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and believe that His atoning is the sole basis for their eternal salvation. Members of our church and associated ministries accept the following Statement of Faith and practice as essential for general unity and full communion within our spiritual community:
- We Believe that God is One, eternally expressed in three distinct person: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We Believe in the deity of Jesus Christ. Jesus is Himself God (Isa. 9:6,7; John 1:1), being equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit in essence (Phil. 2:6).
- We Believe in the deity and personhood of the Holy Spirit. He proceeds from the Father and the Son and is the active agent of the Godhead on the earth today.
- We Believe that God, who is rich in mercy, has chosen from eternity to restore fallen man to Himself by electing to save from His eternal wrath all those who would believe upon His Son.
- We Believe God has commanded all believers to be baptized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:7,8). This experience is a distinct work of God, subsequent to the gift of salvation and is received by faith (Acts 19:2).
- We Believe that all God's children are called to engage in the lifelong process of transformation by renewing their minds and yielding their bodies as instruments of righteousness unto God.
- We Believe that the redemptive work of Christ provides supernatural healing for our physical bodies. "Himself took our infirmities and bare our sickness..." (Matt. 8:17).
- We Believe He is coming to judge the living and the dead and will render to each one according to their deeds. At His coming, the dead shall be physically raised, the believer will be resurrected unto everlasting life and the unbeliever will be resurrected unto everlasting death (Dan. 12:2; John 5:29, 6:40; Acts 24:15; Rev. 20:13).